Thursday, August 13, 2009

Going to new Depths

Our shopping trips to our local New Seasons are always somewhat dangerous for me because in addition to their great selection of edible products, they happen to have a pretty great department of all natural, organic bath and beauty products. Undoubtedly, I often find myself venturing over to these aisles for a quick scan of the latest and greatest products available for purchase.

A couple of weeks ago we were in the store hightailing it to the produce department (after all, you know how committed I am to my fruits and veggies), walking right past the beauty products when a new product caught my eye. It was prominently displayed at the end of one of the
aisles. (Those product placement people are soooo smart!) It was in pretty blue packaging - and let's face it, I'm a sucker for pretty packaging - and the name was Depth. There was a lotion, a body wash, hand soap, shave cream, shampoo and conditioner. The lotion had a tester so, among the four they had available, I selected a scent called "Ocean Blossom." Suffice it to say that it was love at first smell. I spent the rest of the time in the store sniffing my hands to take it all in. Hopefully that didn't look too strange.

That night I did some quick research online on this new Depth product and liked what I saw. It's a fairly young company that was started by a husband and wife who are/were marine biologists. As stated on their Web site, one of the reasons they started the company was to bring the "beauty, abundance and therapeutic benefits of marine botanicals to consumers..." I like that. The product line is organic and natural. And did I mention it smells heavenly and has lovely environmentally friendly packaging? Of course, the neatest part is that a percentage of the sale of every product goes toward a nonprofit camp in Monterey Bay that provides marine experiences to underprivileged children and instills in them a love and respect for the sea and marine life. Oh, and it also smells great. And, the packaging is lovely. (Did I already say that?)

While Ian and I were at New Seasons on Monday, I decided it was time to stop draining their lotion testers and took the plunge (pun intended) with my first Depth purchase - the daily shampoo. I've only used it a couple of times but so far, it's great. So, I guess it's safe to say they've got a new fan. And they aren't even paying me to write this! (Hey, isn't that how this blogging thing is really supposed to work??)

Until I write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment