Thursday, December 18, 2008

A few news flashes

There have been some developments overnight that I feel are important to report on this morning.

News Flash #1: After the additional snow they predicted overnight did not materialize and temperatures have remained just above freezing (also contrary to what was predicted) - PPS decided to open schools today. Woo hoo! While this does not affect us today because Ian doesn't attend preschool on Thursdays - it does mean that he will definitely be going tomorrow. And it means that ice shouldn't a be problem so we can feel free to go about our day as we normally would. So, things are definitely looking up! We're still not sure whether or not the holiday program is on for tonight but if it is, I'm sure you'll hear about it.

News Flash #2: This one is actually more of a correction versus a news flash. Yesterday I stated that Jeff brought home some peppermint schnapps to go with the hot cocoa. It was actually peppermint extract. Still a yummy addition, just no alcohol involved. I don't know why I felt the need to correct that. I just did. The hot buttered rum thing still stands, though.

News Flash #3: Okay, this one is a BIGGIE. I made a monumental declaration last night to myself and my family - or at least to the one family member who was here and still awake at the time. And here it is: I have decided that Haagan Dazs' Chocolate Peanut Butter and Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Toffee Crunch are my two most favorite ice cream flavors in the world. (At least I'm pretty sure they are. Unless there's one I'm forgetting about, but I don't think so.)

Okay, that's all I have to say right now. Until I write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment